|There was a one hour interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet, the second
richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very
interesting aspects of his life:
1) He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he
started too late!
2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering
3) He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha,
that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has
everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a
4) He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or
security people around him.
5) He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest
private jet company.
6) His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only
one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals
for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
7) He has given his CEO's only two rules. Rule number 1: do not lose
any of your share holder's money. Rule number 2: Do not forget rule
8) He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time
after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch
9) Bill Gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only
5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with
Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But
when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates
became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
10) Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his
11) His advice to young people: Stay away from credit cards and invest
Receive best fun forwards in your inbox.